Thrive Allen County couldn’t do what we do without the support and cooperation of community partners who share our vision of healthier and more vibrant communities.
Here are some of the national, state, and local organizations we work with:
- Alliance for a Healthy Kansas
A statewide coalition that works in communities throughout Kansas to encourage people and organizations to promote policies aimed at assuring everyone has the opportunity to attain their highest level of health.
- Tobacco Free Kansas Coalition
The Tobacco Free Kansas Coalition advocates for laws, policies and funding of proven programs to significantly reduce tobacco use and addiction, especially among children and high-risk populations.
- Kansas Alliance for Wellness
A statewide network committed to improving the health of Kansans by creating healthy food and beverage environments.
- Kansas Trails Council
The Kansas Trails Council is dedicated to promoting the development and enjoyment of Kansas trails.
- Sunflower Rail-Trails Conservancy
A group of volunteers working to help other organizations develop trails in the state of Kansas.
- Kansas Cyclist
Kansas Cyclist is the web’s premier Kansas cycling information site, featuring authoritative guides to Kansas cycling clubs, bike shops, organized bike rides, touring, trails, and much more.
- Your Community Foundation
We help build and strengthen the community. We bring together people and organizations that want to make a difference in Allen, Woodson and Anderson Counties.
- Allen County Crime Stoppers
At this site you can give information that has to do with any crime in Allen County. If you have information about crimes in another area you can leave that information here and we will forward it to them.
- Allen County Regional Hospital
A 25-bed Joint Commission Accredited Critical Access Hospital and ER located in Iola, Kansas. The medical staff includes primary care physicians, as well as specialists in several areas.
- Allen County Grow
The Allen County GROW (Growing Rural Opportunities Works) Food and Farm Council works to increase access to affordable, nutritious and safe food for Allen County residents.
- Allen County Farmers’ Market
A weekly open air fresh food market in Iola that features locally-grown produce, baked goods, plants, eggs, meat, and honey.
- Humanity House Foundation
Dedicated to bringing the community together through acts of kindness and volunteerism in Allen County, Kansas.
- Community Health Center of Southeast Kansas
The Community Health Center of Southeast Kansas is a federally qualified patient-centered health center dedicated to providing quality health care to everyone regardless of their ability to pay.
- Iola CITF/Pride
A community improvement initiative dedicated to building a healthy, thriving community in Iola Kansas.
- Moran Pride Thrive
A local volunteer group dedicated to improving the community through service projects in Moran KS.
- Allen Community College
A two-year junior college in Iola Kansas that is dedicated to helping students fulfill their higher education and career goals.
- The Marmaton Market
A member-owned community-focused food co-op in Moran Kansas.
- Hope Unlimited
Assists victims of domestic violence and sexual assault through services, prevention and community awareness in the southeast Kansas counties of Allen, Anderson, Neosho and Woodson.
- Southwind Rail Trail
A volunteer-built and volunteer-maintained 6.5-mile rail-trail linking Iola and Humboldt.
- The cooperation and support of local governments is critical to improving health, livability, and economic vitality. We are proud to work with Allen County and the cities of Elsmore, Gas, Humboldt, Iola, LaHarpe, Mildred, Moran, and Savonburg.
- Thrive works extensively with our local school districts on a range of issues and projects related to health and wellness: USD 256 Marmaton Valley, USD 257 Iola, and USD 258 Humboldt.
- Local businesses are the economic backbone of our communities, and Thrive works closely with the business community on both economic development and workplace wellness. Some of the many businesses we work with include: Advantage Computer Enterprises, B&W Trailer Hitches, Catalyst Artificial Lift, Dollar General Corporation, Enbridge Inc., G&W Foods, Gates Corporation, Hibbett Sports, Monarch Cement, Orscheln Farm and Home, Pete’s Corporation, Russell Stover Candies, Sonic Equipment, The Frame Shop, The Mildred Store, Velo + Iola, Walmart, and Wavefire Games.